Project and Job Costing
The Project and Job Costing module provides an effective solution for project managers in construction, job service, and other professional industries who require a time-and-material system. It delivers the tools necessary to manage the simplest to most complex contract or job. It makes the estimating, tracking, costing, and billing of projects easy and manageable-simplifying cost control and planning. With the powerful features of Project and Job Costing you can identify potential issues and determine success factors for any project. The automated billing features in this module streamline customer invoicing, reducing the time spent managing this process.
- Assign staff, material, subcontractors, equipment, miscellaneous items, and overhead to each project within the contract.
- Set up complex estimates by specifying the quantity (e.g. hours), unit cost, and billing rate (for time-and-materials project) for each staff member, material (inventory item), subcontractor, equipment, miscellaneous item and overhead expenses allocated to the project. Assign cost categories and automatically calculate cost and revenue estimates per cost category, or simply define the cost and revenue estimates for each project category.
- Maintain multiple projects or phases within each contract and track multiple categories within each project.
- Select the accounting method (revenue recognition method) for each project within the contract. Choose from total cost percentage complete, category cost percentage complete labor hour percentage complete, billings and costs, project percentage complete, completed project or accrual-basis.
- Close a project to billings and / or costs at any time.